Tampa Employment Law
Operating a business requires you to understand and comply with numerous state and federal employment laws. Navigating those laws can feel like walking through a minefield if you do not have an experienced guide.
Our skilled employment law attorneys can help ensure that your business is in compliance with critical laws and regulations, including the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLS), the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), and the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA).
Ideally, our Tampa Bay employment law attorneys are consulted during the formation of your business, so we can help you draft employment and independent contractor agreements as well as assist with the creation of operational materials such as employee handbooks.
The goal is to avoid employment law disputes in the future; however, we will aggressively defend you if you do become involved in an employment law dispute.
With years of experience and a deep understanding of the law, we have helped countless clients achieve successful outcomes in a wide range of employment law matters, including discrimination, harassment, wage and hour disputes, wrongful termination, and more.
We also believe in the importance of communication and transparency. We keep our clients informed throughout the legal process and make ourselves available to answer any questions or concerns they may have.
We are here to provide the legal guidance and advocacy you need to protect your rights and achieve a successful outcome.
Employment Law Practice Areas
Employment Law for Employers
Lieser Skaff’s Employment attorneys can help your business navigate conflicts with employees, craft policies to promote effective management practices and ensure compliance with state and federal employment and workplace laws.
Ambiguous policies, out-of-date employee handbooks, and strife between your company’s management and employees can depress morale, expose your company to liability, and threaten your bottom line. We work with you to develop and implement compliance practices that help prevent conflict within your business and provide litigation services when disputes arise.
At Lieser Skaff, we only represent employers. That means we’re always on the side of business owners like you.
Let us help you:
- Draft or update your employment agreements and independent contractor contracts
- Help you decide what workers should be designated as contractors, rather than employees, and asses the associated risks
- Protect your business’s trade secrets and non-competes by drafting better contracts or representing your business in litigation.
- Defend against discrimination, harassment, and retaliation litigation
- Create policies to keep you in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and the Family and Medical Leave Act, including company policies regarding leaves of absence and reasonable accommodation requests
- Defend employment class actions against your business
- Defend wage and hour lawsuits against you and help you comply with the FLS