Joe is Of Counsel at LS. His practice areas include business and commercial litigation, real property disputes, landlord representation, title insurance claims, trust and probate litigation, and corporate and business disputes, including shareholder derivative and dissolution actions. In addition, Joe has extensive experience representing community associations, such as homeowners’ associations and condominium associations. Joe’s diverse experience also includes general probate administration, drafting of wills and trusts, and transactional matters.
Licensed in 2003, Joe has been awarded the prestigious AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rating from Martindale-Hubbell, the highest such recognition possible for a lawyer, and one which reflects the opinions of members of the bar and judiciary. Joe has also been named a Florida Trend’s Legal Elite “Up and Comer,“ a Super Lawyer Rising Star for lawyers under 40 in 2014 and 2015, and as a Super Lawyer by Super Lawyers® magazine from 2016 to 2022, an honor based upon peer review reserved for the top 2.5% of attorneys.
As further reflection of the high regard in which he is held by members of the bar and judiciary, when he was just thirty-four years old, the Fifth Judicial Circuit’s Judicial Nominating Commission nominated Joe for an appointment to the County Court bench.
Joe has been very involved in service to the legal community and the Bar. He previously served as the President of the Lake County Bar Association and is currently a member of the Florida Bar’s Real Property Probate and Trust Law Division, the Landlord/Tenant Committee of the Florida Bar. In addition, Joe has served as a lecturer for the Civil Courts lecture at the Justice Teaching Institute for the Fifth Judicial Circuit.
Joe is also a big believer in community involvement. His community leadership positions have included President of the Gasparilla International Film Festival (GIFF) Board of Directors, the Salvation Army Lake-Sumter Advisory Board, the Educational Foundation of Lake County, Inc. (former President and Board Member of the Year), the ARC Sunrise of Central Florida (former Vice Chair), and Cornerstone Hospice Operations Board of Directors. In addition, in 2008, Joe acted as Co-Lead Counsel for voter protection efforts in Lake County, Florida.
Joe received his bachelor’s degree from the University of Florida and his J.D. from top-tier University of Houston Law Center in Texas.
In addition to his work as an attorney, Joe holds Florida Real Estate and brokerage licenses, which provides him added insight and understanding of his client’s real property issues.
- Committee Member- 5th Circuit Professionalism Committee, 2011-2014
- Lake County Bar Association, Past President, 2010-2011; President, 2009-2010; VP, 2008-2009; Board of Directors, 2005-2011
- Florida Bar- Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Division- Landlord/Tenant Committee Member, 2010-Present
- Justice Teaching Institute, Instructor- Civil Courts Overview, 2013
- Justice Teaching Institute, Instructor- Civil Courts Overview, 2010
- Florida Public Defender Association, Public Defender College, Instructor, 2006
- Florida Public Defender Association, Public Defender College, Instructor, 2005
- Tampa Film Institute, Inc. d/b/a Gasparilla International Film Festival, President of Board of Directors, current
- Cornerstone Hospice, Board of Directors- Operations Board, 2013-2014
- Educational Foundation of Lake County- Past President, 2012-2014; President, 2010-2012; VP, 2008-2010; Board of Directors, 2006-2014
- Educational Foundation of Lake County, Board Member of the Year, 2013
- SunriseARC,- Vice Chairman, 2013-2014; Secretary, 2009-2013; Board of Directos, 2006-2014
- Salvation Army (Lake-Sumter) Advisory Board Member, 2010-2014
- Justice Teaching Institute (Lake)- Instructor (Civil Court System), 2011 and 2013
- Justice Teaching Volunteer, 2007-2011
- Teen Court, Volunteer, 2003-2007